Tuesday, October 29, 2013

one last birthday hurrah...and it's a doozy!











Last year on a "milestone" birthday, I received the best birthday present ever from my sister, Susie. She made me the most incredible birthday book. Every page is a delightful work of art. She constructed the book from paper bags and even made tags to tuck into the openings. I cherish this book, and especially my sister! I want to share every page and tag with you. The pictures are in order, from front cover to back cover, and the tags are all grouped together at the end. And yes, the snaggle toothed school girl wearing the school uniform sporting the crooked bangs who "loves to knit" is me. The cute vintage friends on the last tag are my mom (on the left) and her BFF Delores. I love that picture. Thank you, Susie! Happy Birthday to me!

3 comments:

Scrap for Joy said...

A very special gift, indeed! Love the quote " young, old...just words". You two are both special sisters and friends!
Love this swap!
xoxo

JansArtyJunk said...

wow!

South City Hues said...

Thanks Sis! I forgot how much I enjoyed making this :) Couldn't you just pinch those cheeks of the cutie on page 4 holding her dollies three. Don't you touch her babies!