Saturday, May 2, 2015

some pretties for May

I used this fabric on the recent prayer flag that I made, and it's so pretty that I went right back to it for May's sampler. I use so much pink in my creations, that this blue feels like a breath of fresh May air! I gathered some coordinating goodies (my favorite part!) and then I put away everything else on my desk. Let's see what develops...
Have a great weekend and I'll see you on Monday!

6 comments:

JansArtyJunk said...

Loving the look of this little bundle.... Can't wait to see what you create with it :Linda x

Debbie said...

Blue is one of my all time favorites...I can't wait to see what you create with this lovely assortment.

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

What is a prayer flag??? Pink and Blue are my favorite colors...looking forward to seeing your creation!
warmly,
deb

Linda said...

Prayer flags are little fabric pieces or samplers often made into a garland. The individual flags might have a word or phrase on them such as "faith", "courage", "hope", "be still" etc. Prayers can be said (for a person, situation, etc) while making the flags as well. The flags can be hung individually or made into a garland to brings comfort and reminders of the power of prayer, faith, friendship, etc.

If you search "prayer flag" on Pinterest, you will see some nice examples.

May said...

Love the blue's, so looking forward to your wonderful creation... Hugs May x x

Createology said...

BLUEtiful and blues are my heartthrob. My May Banner is just about ready to begin its creation. Blue Bliss...