Today is a celebration! It is my sister Susie's 5 year cancer-free anniversary! She also had breast cancer, but her story is much different than our mom's. Hers was discovered very early at a routine mammogram- one of those mobile units that came to her work. It was convenient, so she took advantage of it...thank goodness.
Now, 5 years later we can celebrate her success! Breast cancer might have taken our mom, but it can't have my sister! I am so thankful that we all have access to yearly screening and early detection. All we have to do is make sure we take advantage of it like Susie did. I thank God everyday for my sister. Happy Anniversary, Susie!
I have made her a tag each year on her anniversary. Here is this year's tag. (front and back). And a special message from our dog, Molly, who loves her Aunt Susie!

7 comments:
I love the idea of making her a tag each year....it's a wonderful way to celebrate!
LOVE Molly's special message as well.
Happy Anniversary to Susie!
Celebrations for sure! Congrat's to Susie!!
I lost a dear friend to breast cancer many years ago. Last year my BFF to cancer! We need a cure!
Warmly,
deb
How wonderful to have these keepsake tags.
Happy Anniversary to Susie and a wish for many more healthy years!
Cheers to you too, Linda....you're a loving sister!
xoxo
Thank you friends.... and big hugs to you, Linda. I have each and every fabulous tag proudly hanging in my craft room. God bless my sweet sister and friends... and my furry friend Molly!
yay for you Susie! This is the very best news. Becky
yay for you Susie! This is the very best news. Becky
Hi there! I just got reading through a few of your posts and I had a quick question. I am involved in the cancer community and was hoping you could email me back when you get the chance. Thanks! - emilywalsh688(at)gmail.com.
Emmy
Post a Comment