Tuesday, January 13, 2015

technique tuesday


I imagine that most of you (maybe all) may already know how to do the blanket stitch, but in case you do not, here is a link to a nice tutorial. If you already know how, maybe this can a nice reminder that this stitch could come in handy when making your samplers. It's a nice way to finish or just to add a pop of color to the edges of a piece of fabric.
Even though I am familiar with the blanket stitch, I learned something new from the tutorial. She suggests marking the placement of the stitches before beginning. I've never done that, and since I am the Queen of Crooked, that was very helpful to me!

1 comment:

Createology said...

I have also seen a handy tip to make the markings on your finger as a guide and then every stitch is evenly placed. Or I just like "wonky" and the hand-crafted look.